About this blog

I make bags and post tutorials on how to make them. I'll tell you what went well and warn you about any disasters.

Monday 4 January 2016

I'm making 52 bags in 2016

My new year’s resolution for 2016 is to learn some new skills instead of my usual good intentions of going on a diet, drinking less booze and exercising more, most of which fail within the first week.  I bought a new sewing machine last year after using my basic old machine for more than 30 years.  Although it has hundreds of stitches, I have stayed within my comfort zone and only used the stitches I’m familiar with. It’s time to challenge myself.  This year, instead of making the same old simple cushions and blankets, I’m going to use bag-making as a way of learning new techniques, working with new materials and making my own patterns.


So, here’s my challenge.  I’m going to try to make 52 bags in 2016, each one made to my own pattern.  In doing so, I hope to stretch myself and have a lot of fun along the way.  It will take discipline, creativity and an investment of both time and money. I’m going to write a tutorial for each bag I make.  Ideas, suggestions and encouragement are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment